PE 7 / PE 8
PE 7 / PE 8
UNIFORM INFORMATION & PRICES
A complete uniform package may be purchased from the PE staff for $25.00. This includes black shorts. A Madison T-shirt and a combination lock. If a student chooses to purchase items separately they may do so at the following prices:
- Madison T-shirt $10
- Black mesh shorts $10
- Combination lock $5
P.E. (PHYSICAL EDUCATION) LOCKERLoading...
Philosophy: (Adapted from the CA State Framework for Physical Education)
We believe a physically educated child is more likely to become a healthy adult who is motivated to remain healthy.
Curriculum: Physical Education is a movement based curriculum which includes participation and improvement in the following areas:
- Muscular strength
- Muscular endurance
- Body composition
- Aerobic capacity
- State Standards
- Fitness testing- 7th
- WOD- Workout of the day
- Fitness lab
- Track days
- Activity in games
- Warm ups and cool downs
- Skill work
- Skill tests
- Lead up games
- Respect, trust, and collaboration
- Communication-speaking and listening
- Appropriate language and behavior
- Appropriate dress
- Be here, be on time, and be ready
- Help to move the activity forward and be on task
- Work hard, play fair and HAVE FUN
- Strategies and rules of the game
- Application of the students' fitness, physical skills, and social skills
- Be an active participant
- Help to solve problems and keep the game moving
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Help to make games fun for all
Grading Policy: The student's grades are based on their growth, ability, effort, and participation in these four areas of the curriculum. Some of the emphasis will change as they progress through the grade levels.
Attendance Policy: Parent or Doctor notes are required if a student is unable to participate in PE. The student should dress out and bring the note to class if they are physically able.
Uniform Policy: Students are expected to dress out every day and to lock up all belongings. Students are required to dress out daily in their own proper physical education uniform. Every student's name is marked on his or her uniform for identification purposes. Sweat pants and sweatshirts may be worn during cold weather. Tennis shoes (with laces tied on top) are a required part of the uniform. No jackets are allowed. Loaners are available upon request.
Students need to come to class with a good attitude and ready to play. Physical education students are required to:
- Be on time and dressed properly for P.E.
- Do warm-ups and exercises correctly.
- Respect equipment and property.
- Show good sportsmanship and play fairly.
- Set goals for individual improvement.
- Follow directions.
Abide by the locker room rules.
Locker Room Rules
Students are assigned their own locker.
- Combination locks only.
- No sharing PE clothes or lockers
- Roll-on deodorant recommended – No aerosol or stick deodorant allowed.
- No food, glass bottles, or drinks allowed
- No mirror
- No standing on the on the benches.
- Keep your actions and voices under control.
- Line up in front of the locker room door and wait patiently to be let in.
- Enter the locker room in an orderly manner.
- Always enter the front door and exit the front door.